Have you heard about ‘Cali weed’, the so-called super-strain of cannabis that comes in tins and is selling for up to £700 per ounce on Instagram?
Sounds crazy but it’s true.
But what exactly is Cali weed and is it really worth so much money?
What is Cali Weed?
It’s simply cannabis that has been grown in California in the U.S. before being transported (usually by mail) to the UK.
You may be curious about marijuana (also called cannabis, pot, weed and a variety of colorful nicknames), now that it’s become legal for recreational use here in the state of California. We want to be sure our visitors understand the new policies when they visit San Francisco. Please observe the following rules and regulations:
- You must be 21 or older to have, purchase or use recreational cannabis. This includes smoking, vaping and eating cannabis-infused products.
- You may possess 28.5 grams of cannabis plant material (about an ounce) and 8 grams of concentrated cannabis.
- It is illegal to give or sell retail cannabis to minors.
- illegal to drive under the influence of cannabis.
- Moresi It is illegal to consume, smoke, eat or vape cannabis in public. It is illegal to open a package containing cannabis or any cannabis products in public. This includes but is not limited to parks and sidewalks, business and residential areas.
- It is also illegal to consume cannabis in other locations where smoking is illegal, including bars, restaurants, buildings open to the public, places of employment and areas within 15 feet of doors and ventilation openings.
- Even though it is legal under California law, you cannot consume or possess cannabis on federal lands such as national parks, even if the park is in California. Among the areas that are federal lands in the San Francisco Bay Area are the Presidio, Alcatraz Island, the Marin Headlands and Ocean Beach.
- You can consume cannabis on private property, but property owners and landlords may ban the use and possession of cannabis on their properties.
- It is illegal to take your cannabis across state lines, even if you are traveling to another state where cannabis is legal.
- Only state licensed establishments may sell retail cannabis products.
How do you know if it’s real or fake Cali Weed?
With people obviously willing to part with so much money for this ‘designer weed’, the scammers were soon going to pop up.
And due to the nature of the product, it can be hard to tell the difference.
After all, any old sod can order some ‘cali tins’ off eBay along with some authentic-looking stickers to put on them, before throwing in some regular home-grown and charging extortionate prices to people who don’t know any better.
But there are a few things you can do to see if it’s the real deal…
- Is it in a sealed tin or pouch?
If not, put your cash away.
- Does the packaging look sleek, crystal clear, and authentic?
Check online and compare the packaging to examples on the brand’s website or social media. Does it have the N2 logo?
- Does it look and smell exceptional?
Obviously, it’s a bit difficult to tell if it’s in a tin, but you should be able to tell the difference if you see and smell the bud.
How do I buy Cali Weed?
Read this article. It will tell how to buy weed online in the UK via various methods including Instagram, that dark net, and even normal ‘surface web’ sites .
Let us know what you think of Cali Weed and if it’s worth it (don’t hold back) in the comments.